Online grocery stores are rapidly emerging and becoming pretty popular. Everyone loves shopping, especially the females having a knack of grabbing things. Furthermore, when it comes to grocery items they make sure that they have each of the fundamental items in their pantry and household.
Technology advancement has made the retailer’s life easier enabling them to sell products including groceries, vegetables, fruits, beverages, and much more online. In this digital era, each service is heading towards online platforms, and on the other hand, people are also finding it comfortable to access online services. The need for these services is paving the way for high demand in the development of On-Demand online grocery app.
As per the CNBC report, “The online grocery industry is going to expand to $100 Billion by 2025 and least 20% of the market will be dominated by online groceries”
Bigbasket, Grofers, Dmart, Amazon, Spencer’s, etc are perfect examples of on-Demand Grocery Apps.
How much does it cost to develop and what are the features to be considered while developing such an app? Let’s have a look at the brief.
Working Models for On-Demand Grocery apps:
Online grocery stores usually work on different panels. These panels enable the admin to operate the app effectively. These are:
- User Panel: This is for the app users. From managing user profiles to orders, everything is taken care of by the User Panel. It handles the quality of services and identifies the concerns to monitor the overall app performance.The features of this panel include:
- User Profile in which users can log in using their credentials to maintain their profile.
- Browsing products in which users can select relevant products with detailed descriptions.
- Scheduling Delivery where users are allowed to schedule the delivery as per their convenience.
- Order-Tracking where users get accurate order tracking details and updated order status.
- Payment Gateway where users can make the payment reliably and securely using a multi-payment option.
- Offers & Discounts allow users to avail of the most beneficial discounts and offers based on their order.
- Reviews & Settings where users write their experience reviews and manage the settings using a user panel.
- Admin Panel: It takes care of the representation of the information on the app’s display screen. It’s also known as the back end and control panel. Admin does the management functions like verifying user accounts, managing categories, and subcategories of the products, and updating details if needed. They also manage delivery services.The following are the features of the panel:
- The dashboard allows the admin to manage and track all the orders and activities of users on one screen.
- Managing Payment is accomplished by the admin most transparently.
- Assigning Orders to ensure that all the orders are delivered on time and executed professionally.
- Customer Management helps in connecting the app with its users and keep them engaged while facilitating top-notch services.
- Store Management aids in managing all the orders and customer count effortlessly.
- Delivery Management can be utilized by the admin to collaborate with various delivery partners who can deliver the parcel to the customers.
- Store’s Delivery Panel: This panel briefs all the selected units or quantity of the orders. It gives users the option to either self-pick the ordered items or gets them delivered to their location. It sends the delivery details to the users on their registered numbers. It enables the drivers to get in touch with the customer instantly in case of any trouble in delivering the order. This panel also helps in managing the status of successful delivery and sends the notifications to the user for the same.
There are a lot of factors that play a significant role in the development cost of an On-Demand Grocery App which includes App Design, App Size, App Developers, App Platform, Mobile Wallet, Basic and Advanced features of the app, etc. Proper evaluation after requirements gathering from the clients is a crucial task to do, it needs for precision and time. The approximate cost of developing a grocery shopping app is around 5000-8000 USD which varies from app to app.
On-Demand grocery app helps the users to purchase in a convenient way using their smartphone, tablets at their fingertips. It has simplified the whole grocery shopping process. Its simple accessibility and usability is the key reason for its immense popularity.